Monday, July 8, 2013

Under the weather

Yesterday, I fell prey to traveller's sickness for the first time.  Not exactly sure what caused it, maybe some sample from the market on Sunday, but I'm still not feeling 100%.  After a lovely barbecue Saturday night with MESA alums, others from the hostel, and two members of the Dartmouth community who Ana connected us with, we visited two markets on Sunday.  I went to bed rather early Sunday night, catching up on some MUCH needed rest.  Today we visited La Casa Blanca, home of Carmen and Ulises; I wish I had been feeling a bit more lively because it was an amazing place.  They have converted their one hectare plot into a beautiful, essentially self-sustaining paradise that attracts visitors from all across the globe.  You would never guess that Ulises is 82 years old, as he works with the energy of a young man.  We shared lunch together, and then headed back to the hostel, where we are all resting now.

Also, here is one picture I was able to upload from my camera - Pedro pouring his peach wine

1 comment:

  1. ah Pedro, looks good :) hope you feel 100% soon! love you my pie xoxo

    ReplyDelete